$ 1700Per Person
- Online learning materials (text is online)
- Online pre-recorded webinars/seminars
- Online mock exams
- Up to 7 hours of private coaching via live webinar
Life Insurance Agents
Prepare to Meet Today’s New Licensing Requirements
Prepare to Meet Today’s New Licensing Requirements
A new era in life insurance legislation means new requirements for practitioners. To begin your career as a Life Insurance Agent, or if you are planning to add Life Insurance to your portfolio of financial service offerings, you’ll need a mandatory HLLQP (Harmonized Life License Qualification Program) license.
Today’s licensing requirements first require mandatory certification through a regulator-approved training program, followed by a licensing exam. ITAC Incorporated is leading the way by offering HLLQP instruction in Atlantic Canada.
Program Outline (HLLQP Course)
This course covers the principles of life insurance, the evolution of companies and financial ratings, product distribution and types of insurance and investment products and more. Much of the learning comes from hands-on experience with a widespread use of Case Studies.
The HLLQP features the following online products:
- 100% online delivery
- Study schedule
- Condensed Study Notes
- End-of-Chapter Quizzes
- Need-to-Know Videos
- Mock Exams
- Online certification exams (proctored electronically) – 3 attempts per module
- Detailed exam feedback reports
- Webcast tutorials
A minimum grade of 60% is required to pass each certification exam. You have three (3) attempts per module. You may purchase one (1) additional attempt per module for $20.
Regulatory Limit on Exam Attempts:
Failure on a fourth (4th) attempt on any individual module will result in the expiry of this course as per provincial regulatory requirements. Once a course has expired, you will no longer have access to the course content or your course history.
In order to complete the LLQP, you will be required to re-enrol in the LLQP certification course and start anew.
Upon successfully passing all of the required certification exams, your results will be entered in the Canadian Insurance Participant Registry (CIPR), at which time you may apply with your provincial regulator to write the provincial exams.
Enrollment Period: 1 year or the fourth unsuccessful attempt, whichever comes first.
A $25 administration fee is applicable for changes to course enrollment after 10 calendar days of purchase.
Credit Status: LLQP
Students who achieve a minimum grade of 60% will be registered with CIPR to write the Provincial HLLQP licensing examination. This certification is valid for a period of 12 months from date of issue*.
- The new Harmonized LLQP is now offered virtually. Students who complete all of the online work and webinars will receive up to 7 hours of private instruction with industry expert.
- New learning materials consist of 5 modules; 4 of which students will be tested on. Students will write the certification exams following the end of the course. More information on how to register for the certification exam and provincial exam will be provided once you start learning.
- The cost of the new Harmonized LLQP is $1,700.00 plus HST.
- Text – Learning materials consist of 5 modules.
- Ethics and Professional Practices
- Life Insurance
- Accident & Sickness Insurance
- Segregated Funds & Annuities
- Life Insurance Taxation Principles
- Exam – Learning materials consist of 5 modules.
- Each modular exam will consist of 20 or 30 multiple choice questions and students must receive a minimum of 60% per module exam (4 in total) before they can be certified for the Provincial exam.
- Student’s progress will be tracked through the Canadian Insurance Participant Registry (CIPR) system.
Benefits of the ITAC Inc. Life Licensing Program
Life insurance agents sell life and health insurance products and insurance-specific investments including segregated funds and annuities. To become a licensed life agent it is necessary to complete the Harmonized Life Licence Qualification Program (HLLQP) with a certified content provider, pass the provincial LLQP exam, and register with a provincial insurance regulator. ITAC Inc. brings this training here to the Atlantic Provinces: we help you get set up online with your materials and books.
This convenient, accessible, college LLQP program is designed both for individuals (e.g., those interested in entering the industry and financial service specialists who want to provide life insurance), and also for companies who want to train agents and other employees.
- Available in Atlantic Canada at a convenient, accessible location.
- ITAC Inc. has a track record of developing high-quality insurance programs since 1994!
- Self study courses have an average of 42% pass rate
- Our instructor-led courses have an 85%+ pass rate (classroom and virtual instruction).
- Call now on (902) 468-8631 for more information
- Our virtual offering means you can start almost immediately upon registering
- Email us at email@example.com
ITAC Training & Consulting Inc. is located at 250 Brownlow Ave., Suite 18, Dartmouth , NS. (Next door to the Delta Hotel in Burnside!)
We have had continued success with helping students virtually to prepare and pass their licensing exams even during COVID-19. Thank you for continuing to choose ITAC!